Our community has moved to Discord. Join us there!
Cybr.com/Discord
These forums are still up for historical purposes.

Home Page Forums Welcome & Introductions Howdy, folks. My name is Randy Reply To: Howdy, folks. My name is Randy

• Christophe

Administrator
    May 20, 2021 at 4:08 pm

Welcome, and thank you for supporting us by purchasing our course!

I (and I know many others) struggle with similar issues when learning, so you’re not alone! There have been a few things that have helped me stick to my learning goals without getting too distracted:

1- Create a schedule and stick to it as best you can

Literally add it to a calendar that will remind you repeatedly. I’ll set an obnoxious amount of reminders because otherwise I’ll see one of the notifications and forget about it seconds later.

2- Find one or more study partners

It’s like going to the gym and exercising. Most of us are far more likely to go and stick to our program if we have someone else going with us too. Otherwise we feel like we’re letting them down. Find someone who’s dedicated to learning and who will show up, and add them to those calendar invites you created

3- I’d like to eventually have a more formal way of doing this, but for now I’m more than happy to help you stick to your learning schedule if you want

Let me know what your timeline looks like and what your goals are, as well as which courses you’re going after, and I’ll send you reminders over time and/or ask you questions to make sure you’re progressing 🙂

Hope this helps, and again, welcome to the community! Thrilled to have you here.