Our community has moved to Discord. Join us there!
Cybr.com/Discord
These forums are still up for historical purposes.

Home Page Forums General Discussions Artificial Intelligence replacing us ? Reply To: Artificial Intelligence replacing us ?

• Christophe

Administrator
    May 11, 2021 at 7:04 pm

My take on it is that the viewpoint that AI will replace the need for ethical hackers completely is exaggerated and unrealistic. While there definitely are lots of jobs that will be displaced by AI over the coming years, many jobs will end up being enhanced by AI, not necessarily replaced.

It’s kind of like when automated scanning tools were first coming out. A lot of people selling those tools were promising that they would replace the need for manual intervention. That’s never been the case and I don’t think it ever will be. They do help find certain things that humans would take far longer to find, and they help fix low-hanging fruit. But you still need people to go in and do their thing.

So yes, I do think AI will greatly enhance certain areas of our field, but I don’t think it will replace the need for human ethical hackers — definitely not in the near future.